Exogenous Ketones are a great supplement when you are wanting to get into ketosis more quickly, are needing extra energy or focus or to enable you to eat a few more carbs than usual.
They are also helpful for when you’ve slipped up, and will get you right back into ketosis and on track for your weight loss and health goals.
If you’re carb cycling, they are a great way to get back into ketosis on your low carb days without having to wait too long.
You will also love the feeling of stable day-long energy and focus that being in ketosis will bring you.
I’ve put together a list of the 5 most popular powders that are available today. They come in a variety of flavors and I have only included those which are of the very highest quality and don’t use fillers.
Keto by Keppi
This is a hugely popular exogenous ketone and we can see why.
- KEPPI EXOGENOUS KETONES give more stable energy. Many keto enthusiasts love the mental focus, get-it-done productivity and improved energy levels that come with ketosis. Available in Lemon Lime.
- THEY KICKSTART KETOSIS: Whether you are new to the ketogenic diet, or coming off a carb cycle, these keto salts boost ketone levels instantly. Designed for the keto diet, this product supports raised blood ketone levels, improving aerobic endurance, brain function, energy levels and helps you to reach your weight loss goals.
- DISOLVES easily in water
- HELPS you get into ketosis and avoid symptoms of the Keto Flu or carb cycling such as fatigue, bloating and headaches. With Keppi Ketone BHB supplements, you’ll be burning fat swiftly.
- ONLY USES NATURAL INGREDIENTS. No sugar, carbs, fat, fillers, binders, or gums – just pure BHB ketones that get you into ketosis fast and maintain your ketogenic state throughout the day.
- VEGAN friendly
Keto Chocolate by Essential Supplements
This amazing product has all the benefits of an exogenous ketone PLUS the addition of MCT oil. You’re getting a double blast of greatness here.
EXOGENOUS KETONES can help you reach ketosis. This formula of beta-hydroxybutyrates (BHB) with MTC Oil was created specifically for anyone currently on a ketogenic diet, and for those who may be struggling to get back into ketosis.
- IT CAN IMPROVE your mental performance, boost your energy levels, and improve your endurance by raising your blood ketone levels. Prolonged ketosis has also been proven to support healthy weight loss.
- ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS, which helps it dissolve effortlessly into any cold or hot drink, including water, almond milk, coffee, tea and milkshakes.
- FREE FROM gluten or dairy and was third party tested. No binders, fillers or gums to our exogenous ketone powder.
Chocolate exogenous ketones by Keto
There’s nothing wrong with this great product and its available in a new-formula chocolate, peach, salted caramel, vanilla and coffee.
I’ve only used the chocolate flavor, which I loved, but this does seem to be quite an individual thing, with some people not liking the flavor at all. I mixed mine with almond milk, which worked very well.
This does exactly what it says it will do, but for me the one negative is the price. It’s expensive, but if your budget stretches to this then it’s a product that has been around for some time and comes in pill form too.
*have you tried the pills? Drop me a line and let me know how you got on with them!
As with the other products in this list, this has no fillers, and uses only natural ingredients.
Go Keto by Wellpath
This really is a lovely ketone supplement. Lemon Cucumber sounds strange, but it had a very pleasing flavor which made a pleasant change from all the chocolate and caramel ones on the market.
The price is great too although it has crept upwards a little this year. It mixes very easily with both water and almond milk. I prefer it with just water, it has a slightly citric taste.
Again, this is a product with 100% natural ingredients, and there are no fillers.
All in all, a great product especially if you’re looking for something that isn’t overly sweet.
Key Keto by Key Nutrients
This exogenous ketone product isn’t quite as well-known as some of the others, but it still comes very highly recommended. It’s another powder with a citrus type flavor – Lemon Lime Sherbet.
I love the fact that it comes in handy travel sachets too.
I’ve tried this with the recommended scoop and also with just half a scoop which worked well for me too. It mixes easily in both hot and cold fluids.
Non GMO and vegan friendly.
The price is great, and it’s a product that does everything you’d expect it to, I don’t have anything bad to say about this at all!
Exogenous ketones are a great way to go if you want to achieve ketosis quickly, recover from a higher carb meal or are carb cycling.
For this reason, they help with weight loss as well as giving you an energy boost that should see you through most of your day.
They also work well as a treatment for the keto flu.
If you have health goals that require ketosis, then these will be a great addition to your keto diet.