The Keto Diet is a well researched, proven way to lose weight fast, so how much weight can you lose in a month : Keto restricts carbohydrates which will turn you into a fat-burning machine. You will maximize the speed with which you’ll lose weight each month.
The keto diet does not restrict calories: The old method of weight loss, a system of calories in / calories out has been found to be a difficult way to maintain your weight loss.
Unfortunately, when you restrict your total calorie intake, your metabolic rate will decrease.
This will cause your weight loss efforts to stall. You’ll soon find that you need to progressively eat less over time to maintain your weight loss.
This lowering of your metabolic weight is also the reason why you’ll soon gain weight when you return to your normal eating pattern.
For a more detailed description of the perils of a calorie controlled diet see:
Maximum weight loss: Keto
The Keto Diet does not require you to count calories. You will be encouraged to eat until you feel full. Obviously this does not mean that you can eat as if every day is an eat-all-you-can buffet.
However, you’ll be able to eat until you feel that you have had enough. In fact, attempting to eat less will only tempt you to snack between meals.
A healthy well sized keto meal will keep you full until you are next due to eat.
Indeed, many people find that the high fat content of the keto diet helps to keep them feeling full for longer. They also report that, after several weeks on the keto diet, their appetite actually decreases.
After somewhere between 24 hours and four days on the keto diet, you will be in ketosis. This is the super healthy state that will have you losing weight in no time.
Ketosis will also stabilize your blood/glucose levels. This will further reduce your appetite, and give you extra, day long energy to boot.
For these reasons, you will soon discover what countless others are already enjoying: The keto diet will give you the maximum weight loss, without the struggles of other diets.
How much weight can you lose in a month: Keto
It’s possible, although not advisable, to lose weight very quickly on the Keto diet. By under eating there is no doubt that you will be able to achieve a very rapid weight loss.
However, this is neither good for your health nor great for your appearance.
Some of the less than pleasant side effects for aiming for a huge monthly weight loss include:
- A rapid lowering of your metabolic rate – which will make weight gain an issue when you stop restricting your eating. This will also make you more susceptible to weight gain in the future.
- Hair loss and damage to your nails – . Your hair and nails may initially look good, but a few months down the line you’ll see that you have damaged both. This is due to your body attempting to conserve energy by ceasing non-essential growth.
- You may miss out on essential vitamins and minerals – and may find that you are more susceptible to infections, more tired and lacking in energy.
- You may be left will lose skin – which will be difficult to treat in the future.
- The diet will be too difficult to maintain – Any very low intake diet will be almost impossible to maintain long term.
How much weight loss can you lose in a month : keto – the maximum amount
Aim to lose about 1 -2 Pounds or 0.5 – 1 kg each week. This may not sound much but once you do the math, you’ll see how quickly this will add up to a real difference.
More importantly, it will be a sustainable weight loss that will keep you healthy.
If you weigh 200 lb now, by following the keto diet (and not going hungry) you could easily be at your weight loss goal within three months.
Bear in mind that you’ll be losing a lot of water for the first week. This will make it seem that you’ve lost more fat than you have in reality.
Therefore, it’s best to take your one-week results with a pinch of salt. By week two, you’ll be seeing the real weight loss levels that should continue throughout your entire diet.
What else apart from diet can increase weight loss?
By keeping active, and making sure you include some exercise in your daily routine you will certainly help you to shift the pounds.
However, it’s important to remember that you cannot outrun a bad diet. This can’t be said enough. There is an urban myth that says it’s OK to eat that cake, as long as you hit the gym afterwards.
No amount of exercise is going to balance the damage of unhealthy eating.
The single most important factor in your weight loss it to make sure that you stay in ketosis.
Apart from exercise, getting sufficient sleep has also been proven to be helpful when it comes to losing weight. A good nights sleep will reduce your production of stress hormones, which play their part in weight gain.
Finally, make sure that you’re getting enough to drink. Thirst is often mistaken for hunger.
What could derail your diet efforts?
It’s worth making sure that you don’t do anything to make your new diet difficult. If you’re following the keto diet correctly, you should be feeling both full and energized throughout the day.
However, there are a few things that can certainly throw you off the keto and weight loss wagon. These include:
- Trying to reduce your food intake too far – there is no need to do this. Always eat enough, and make sure you’re eating enough fat. This is especially important on the keto diet.
- You have a Sugar Addiction – you are addicted to sugar, or carbohydrates in general. This is a real thing and if this is you be aware that, as with all addictions, you cannot eat “just one” of your problem food. Read here for more information.
- There are snacks in your house – Throw them out: These sorts of foods should not be bought and they should not be stored. If you have them in your home, sooner or later you’re going to eat them.
- You’re bored – make sure that you are not eating because you’re bored. Have a list of activities already worked out that you can turn to when this becomes an issue for you.
- You’re sad or angry – emotional eating is something everyone does from time to time. However, if it regularly happens for you, consider seeking some help. Yoga and exercise are great for this problem too.
For most people that would be no more than 2 pounds or 1 kilo each week. This sounds low, but it’s super achievable and more importantly, you will be able to maintain this weight loss.
Also remember that you will not suffer any of the downsides of a too rapid weight loss.
The keto diet is without a doubt the most efficient and healthy way of achieving the maximum weight loss. Plus you’ll be gaining from its multiple health benefits.
Use the resources here at livingwellwithketo to find out all you need to know about getting your weight loss off to the best possible start.
You’ll be seeing amazing results more quickly and with less effort than you ever thought possible.