The 5 Best Psyllium Husk Supplements – reviews and comparisons. Make sure you choose the best supplement for your individual needs.
Psyllium husks are an amazing near zero net carb ingredient that anyone on a keto or low carb diet would benefit from adding it to their daily diet.
Psyllium husk benefits these dieters by acting as great substitute in baking, and aiding weight loss too.
Psyllium Husk is harvested from the Plantago Ovato plant. The seeds of this plant are a very high source of soluble fiber.
Psyllium is produced for its mucilage content. This is a clear gelling agent which comes from the seed coat.
By grinding or milling the outer layer of seed the white fibrous material (the mucilage) is produced.
This is the product that is referred to as psyllium husk.
The psyllium husk is hydrophillic which means it is able to bind with water and from a clear, colorless gel which can increase its volume by as much as 10%
This makes it great for use as a thickener in baking and cooking.
For full information and list of health benefits of Psyllium Husk read psyllium husk benefits for low carb and keto diets.
Psyllium husk is available online in both powder or whole husk form.
The powder is normally used in cooking while the whole husk is often used as a treatment for constipation.
Two tablespoons of whole husk are equal to tone tablespoon of psyllium husk powder.
The Different Types of Psyllium Supplements
The main difference between them is soluble vs insoluble.
Soluble fibers are best for improving metabolic health issues as well as gut bacteria balance and certain digestive issues.
Best for baking and for adding fiber to your daily diet.
Insoluble fibers are used to help with digestive issues.
They may also help you feel full for longer, but they don’t have any metabolic health effects.
Most psyllium supplements only contain the husks, so psyllium typically does mean psyllium husk.
If you want more insoluble fiber then choose psyllium that includes the seeds.
Look for a psyllium product that does not contain any additives especially sugar.
1. Anthony´s Psyllium Husk Powder
This is a great psyllium powder and is 100% certified organic. It is finely ground and mixes well with water.
For keto dieters 1 teaspoon has 3g fiber, making it much easier to reach your recommended fiber intake.
Stir a table spoon into a large glass of colder water and drink it fast. The warmer the liquid the faster it will gel.
Remember to start with a smaller amount, and work up to more if it’s well tolerated.
- Gluten Free
- Vegan Friendly.
- No additives
Psyllium husk powder’s absorbency makes it a good natural way to promote digestive regularity.
With only 1 gram of net carbohydrates per serving (total carbohydrates minus fiber), psyllium husk powder is a great binder and thickener for low-carb recipes.
Great for Gluten-Free Baking
Adding psyllium husk powder to gluten-free doughs and batters results in a fluffier and more elastic finished baked good.
Organic and Non-GMO
Anthony’s Psyllium Husk Powder is organic, and organic is always non-GMO.
2. Now Psyllium Husk Powder
This is an amazing product, and it couldn’t come more highly recommended.
Most people mix it with water and drink it fast.
It is kosher, gluten free, vegan and keto friendly as well as being non GMO!
I love the fact that this comes in different sizes depending on your needs and budget.
This is a soluble fiber powder.
INTESTINAL HEALTH/HELPS MAINTAIN REGULARITY: Psyllium has the ability to swell up to 50 times its initial volume when added to liquid. This bulking action can play an important role in maintaining regularity and gastrointestinal health.
- NATURAL SOLUBLE FIBER: Surveys have shown that the fiber content of the American diet is typically about half of government recommended levels.
- CERTIFICATIONS/CLASSIFICATIONS: Non-GMO Project Verified, Kosher, Vegan/Vegetarian, Soy Free, Made without Gluten, Corn Free, Keto Friendly.
3. Yerba psyllium whole husks
This is another a great product.
It’s aimed at dealing with constipation. This is often an issue for people starting a keto or low carb diet, so this would be a good choice.
Add about 1-2 tablespoons to smoothies, preferably each morning. It keeps your digestive system healthy and is the best way to stay “regular.”
No artificial additives and sugar free.
- Includes Two (2) 12 ounce All Natural Psyllium Whole Husk Powder, a colon cleansing dietary fiber to promote regularity and support heart health
- Helps maintain normal cholesterol levels and support heart health
- A gentle fiber that promotes normal regularity while not being habit forming
- For adults and Children over 12
4. Organic India Organic Whole Husk Psyllium
This is an amazing product with multiple health benefits.
From reducing cholesterol to dealing with hemorrhoids, this is a fiber that can make a big difference to your life.
- GENTLE AND EFFECTIVE FORMULA – soothes elimination, promotes regularity without discomfort or flatulence, cleanses the colon, and provides gastrointestinal detox
- MAINTAIN HEALTHY WEIGHT – Maintain healthy weight or stimulate natural, healthy weight loss by meeting your daily fiber needs via this bulk-forming, soluble fiber source
- HEART HEALTHY – may help reduces LDL cholesterol, lower blood pressure, and promote heart health
- EASES DIGESTION – Obtain relief from constipation, IBS, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s Disease, and general gastrointestinal discomfort
- 100% CERTIFIED ORGANIC – Vegan, dairy free, GMO free, gluten free, no sugar, and no artificial sweeteners. Kosher & Halal certified
5. Viva Psyllium Husk Powder Organic
Last on the list, but still a great product as with all the picks here.
While not scoring as highly as the others, it never the less has a lot going for it.
You can use this product to lose weight and it works! Instead of having a snack after dinner take a teaspoon of this when you feel hungry. You’ll lose weight and keep it off. Amazing!
It’s great for keto baking, especially with breads and gluten free baking.
- HELPS CLEANSE YOUR DIGESTIVE SYSTEM – Each teaspoon provides 4g of dietary fiber, representing 14% of your recommended daily fiber intake!
- EASY TO USE – Simply add a serving to your favourite juice, shake, smoothie or baked goods.
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC & NON-GMO – USDA-certified organic and non-GMO, suitable for all diets including, vegan, gluten-free, paleo, low-carb and keto friendly.